This regatta has high participation expected and we have had many requests for charter boats. There are many reasons to make your boat available for charter for J/80 World and North American championships including the following:
– Get 1 year free J/80 North American annual membership dues
– Have your boat inspected and certified in advance for one-design compliance
– Free towing assistance for your vessel to and from the Newport venue
– Increase the value and pedigree and performance record of your boat by having an international championship team show you what your boat can do
Insurance Recommendations for Participants:
1. Boat owner buy a 12 Month One Design policy, with the appropriate navigation selected, add Charter Coverage (additional $100.00). We suggest the owner get a refundable damage deposit equal to the racing deductible (approximately $2,000). The Racing deductible is 5% of the boat value.
2. The person chartering your boat should buy single Event Insurance. Based on the boat value of $30,000 with $300,000 liability and no paid crew, the Event insurance cost is $300.00. Attached is event insurance application. Back to back regattas, at Sail Newport, can be 1 event if the charterer and boat are the same.
Coverage cannot be considered bound without written confirmation from Gowrie Group.
* This is an annual, fully earned policy (paid in full prior to issuing the policy)
* Trailers and dollies are not included in the hull value and should be listed separately
* Coverage for sails is limited to fire, sinking or theft only
* The quote is valid for 30 days